An Aerial View of Merritton
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard showing "a glimpse of Merritton", (a community in St. Catharines, Ontario). Riordon Mills at the right and the Independent Rubber Co. at the left along the old Welland Canal.
- File number: 05/pt1/1-1.1
The Beaver Cotton Mill was opened in 1857 near lock 15 of the second Welland Canal. After a fire in 1881 it was rebuilt. In 1912 it became the Independent Rubber Co. until 1919. The buildings were partially destroyed by fire in 1961. One building was repaired and is presently the Keg restaurant. (2016)
- A Glimpse of Merritton, Ontario
Yours received ( many thanks. accept congratulations and best wishes.
Canada Our Emblem Dear
Width: 13.7 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10.1cm
Image Height: 4.6cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1351014979026 Longitude: -79.2146340129472
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2