Souvenir of St. Catharines: Knox Presbyterian Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Knox Presbyterian Church, Beside the Public Library on Church Street just before James Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Souvenir of St. Catharines booklet. 1910.
Published by the Valentine & Sons; United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- File Number: 03/pt1/30-1.1
The congregation of Knox Presbyterian first met in Grantham Academy in 1841 and their first church was built on Centre Street. The present building was built in 1859 on Church Street and enlarged in 1874. In 1875 the name of the church changed from Scotch Church to Knox Church.
In 1925 the church voted to remain part of the Presbyterian Church as opposed to joining the United Church. In 1956-57 the church added on building the Christian Educational Building.
- Knox Presbyterian Church
- The Valentine & Sons United Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
Width: 19.7 cm
Height: 12.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.1cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1596618831624 Longitude: -79.2474312566903
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2