The McSloy House, 64 Church Street
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of an exterior view of the front of the McSloy House.
64 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Date Unknown.
- File Number: 02/pt3/3-1.4
The McSloy family home was called "Suncroft"
McSloy was the president of the Canada Hair Cloth Company.
The McSloy House was built in 1890 by James McSloy, a dry goods salesman who later opened Canada Hair Cloth. It was one of the first houses in St. Catharines to have electricity and it was deemed one of the "social centres" of St. Catharines. The house was torn down in 1971 and was located at the end of Carlisle Street beside the Police Station.
Width: 11.7 cm
Height: 7.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.7cm
Image Height: 7.9cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1609486155472 Longitude: -79.2461360436249
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2