- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of City Hall (erected c1842), Church Street, St. Catharines, Ont. c1908.
Note Watson Monument.
Published by Valentine & Sons Publishing Co., Ltd. Printed in Great Britain.
- File Number: 02/pt2/22-1.2
The Watson Monument was erected in memory of Private Alexander Watson, 90th Winnipeg Battalion Rifles. He died in the North West Rebellion in 1885. The monument was erected in 1886 and stood in front of the old city hall until it was moved to its present location at the corner of Church and James Streets. The monument was restored in the 1970s; bronze plaques were installed when the original lettering was lost.
- City Hall, St. Catharines, Ont.
- Valentine & Sons Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Date of Original
Width: 13.8 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.8cm
Image Height: 8.7cm
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1598189830953 Longitude: -79.2470996825479
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2