St. Paul Street United Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A postcard of St. Paul Street United Church, 366 St. Paul Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. c1970.
Published by Worldwide Sales Agencies Ltd. Printed in Montreal, Canada.
- File Number: 02/pt2/15-1.4
In 1824 a small building was erected and enlarged in 1846. The present church was constructed in 1861 and completed until the point of the roof. In 1870 the spire was finished.
The church joined the United Church in 1925 when the Methodist, Congregational & part of the Presbyterian Churches merged together.
The building was destroyed by fire in 1962. It was rebuild within the existing walls and reopened in 1963.
In 2008 the congregation amalgamated with Welland Avenue United and Memorial United Churches to form Silver Spire Church.
- Worldwide Sales Agencies Ltd.
- Date of Original
Width: 8.6 cm
Height: 13.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8.6cm
Image Height: 13.8cm
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.160369801111 Longitude: -79.241411356468
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- St. Catharines Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address54 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R7K2